Created in 2000, Silicon Sentier has fuelled the booming digital economy and actively participated in the emergence of a digital ecosystem in the Ile-de-France region.
Its aim this year is to kick-off new projects, such as the Palais Brongniard incubator and the opening of its La Cantine network internationally.
- Inauguration of Le Camping, a six-month program designed to take potential startups from ideas, to demos, to the seed funding stage.
- Inauguration of La Cantine in Nantes.
- Launch of Silicon XPerience, Silicon’s R&D pole.
- Sandrine Murcia elected president of Silicon Sentier
- Silicon Sentier named “Exemplary Company Cluster” by inter-ministerial government organization DATAR
- New regional “Cantines” set up in Rennes, Nantes, Paris, Toulouse
- Development of Silicon Sentier Content (Media)
- Silicon Sentier creates incubator “Le Camping”, a new incubator model designed to support start-ups and SMEs at Palais Brogniart
- Creation of “RADart”, a new event format combining innovation with digital art
- Participation in the preparation of incubator ID4, uniting entrepreneurs and artists together on digital projects
- Silicon Sentier creates “La Cantine”, the region’s premier meeting place for digital industry leaders and entrepreneurs. It offers members collaborative networked workspaces, shared resources and networking events
- Creation of Quartier Numérique (Digital Neighborhood), the region’s leading experimental laboratory (“Living Lab”) for the development and testing of urban and city services
- Launch of specially designed participative event format “BarCamp”, in Paris
- Participation in the creation of the Cap Digital expertise group
- Launch of first Mobile Monday Paris (event)
- Initial support from Paris City Hall
- Stéphane Distinguin elected president of the association
- Merger of NET and Silicon Sentier
- Quarter Numérique (Digital Neighborhood) and Paris financial quarter (Bourse) urbanization projects integrated into Paris’ PLU (Local Urban Planning) initiative
- NET obtains the SPL label. Association recognized as a leader in the region’s economic development
- Silicon Sentier created with the mission to support emerging start-ups
- Creation of the NET (New Enterprises and Territories) association with the mission of sharing resources between emerging start-ups